Management of problem solving is as important as time management. An assertive person will approach the situation with pre-thought and accountability in mind.
Problem solving outline
- Research into the nature of the problem
- Consider a range of possible methods of solving the problem
- Select one of the methods
- Carry out the method to solve the problem
- Assess the success or degree to which the problem has been solved
- Consider whether the method provided was the best solution, when matched against the other methods